Thursday, July 1, 2010

food & drinks review

Georgia Vintage Coffee - ¥120
This was advertised on the train as a double gold medal winner. Was watery & not sweet enough - 2 stars


Rockmelon Soda - ¥80
This tasted EXACTLY like rockmelon! DELCIOUS!! 5 STARS!


Peach Drink - ¥120
This was pretty nice, but quite sweet. Tasted like grape Zappo lollies - 3 stars


Nashi drink - ¥130
Tasted just like nashi! Apparently has 10% - 3.5 stars


Seafood riceburger meal with white grape soda from Mos Burger - ¥650
I ate Mos Burger in Singapore in 2000, and was excited when we discovered there was a store across the road from the hotel! The burger is made with two rice patties rather than a bun, and the middle had a patty made with seafood and tempura peas.
The grape soda was just like white grape gummi lollies, and the cup had a cute tiny bird on it - 4.5 stars

Coffee thickshake (no photo) - ¥210
SO DELCIOUS! It was the thickshake of my dreams - 5 stars


Japan 'away jersey' ramen - ¥160
There was also a 'home jersey' type, but this one looked tastier. This was seafood flavour and was quite tasty, but it really lacked enough vegies - 3 stars


Boss Cafe au Lait - ¥120
After sampling many types of coffee in a can, I now see why Tommy Lee Jones endorses Boss brand. It is far superior, with a lovely coffee flavour without being watery and there is enough sugar - 5 stars


When we met with Sara yesterday, I mentioned how I love coffee in a can. However, apparently all the vending machines suddenly swap from having hot coffee for wintertime to cold coffee for summertime. So I have to make sure I only come in hot weather to avoid horrible hot coffee.

I have drunk so many fancy drinks while here, I haven't drunk the same thing twice. Normally I would never ever pay for a drink, unless I left my water bottle at home. But with so many delicious choices, what am I to do? There are many more I didn't take photos of, but you will just have to imagine all the things I drank and ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment